Have you thought about creating videos to promote your business? Besides the fact that YouTube ranks second only to Google as the most widely used search engine on the Internet, videos also have the power to engage customers and increase the time they spend on your website.
Here are five ideas for using video to boost your marketing efforts
- Demonstrate a product or how to do something. Showing how a product works is more meaningful than a written description. Plus, video lends credibility to your product and brand, inspires customer loyalty and ultimately will translate into more sales.
- Interview customers that are advocates for your products or services. Or invite your customers to upload their own videos using your product. This kind of activity generates interest and excitement about a brand and encourages engagement that a written testimonial won’t achieve.
- Encourage repeat visits to your site by keeping it fresh with frequently updated video content. Consider sharing news about activities, projects and promotions.
- Give your business some personality. Feature various team members or film a “day in the life” piece. This type of content makes your business seem more human and approachable.
- Advertise special events or sponsor a competition and share the link to the video on your social media sites for maximum exposure.
Keep in mind that your videos need not be the same quality as Oscar-winning movies. There are affordable cameras and editing programs available that will yield you an effective product. Need help getting started? Give us a call. We can help.
Originally posted by Jessica Eng on September 4th, 2014