|Job Summary: The Bindery Operator is responsible for completing all finishing services for press and copier projects in compliance with job specifications and company quality standards. Prepares the workload schedule to meet customer timeframe requirements. Performs daily/weekly/monthly maintenance on all bindery equipment to ensure optimum performance. Works closely with other staff members to exceed customer satisfaction and service expectations.
As the Bindery Operator and a member of the Production Team, you are accountable for:
• Meeting the department production and quality goals.
• Playing a key role in meeting company-wide profitability and customer satisfaction goals, such as guaranteed satisfaction and value for our customers.
• Contributing to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
• Maintaining personal productivity and quality standards that ensure attractive financial returns so that the company may continue to provide excellent service to our customers and ensure job security and career growth for our staff.
Responsibilities and Duties:
General and Administrative
• Coordinate with Production Team to produce and prioritize jobs and, when necessary, reorganize to meet deadline changes and updates.
• Comply with all OSHA safety requirements.
• Participate as a key player in the Production Team by supporting operations as needed.
• Communicate effectively with the General Manager/Owner, the Production Manager, the sales team, and the production team, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that sales objectives and customer objectives are met. Follow systems and procedures outlined in the company manual
• Perform all bindery functions as noted on work order/job tickets. This may include: folding, cutting, padding, numbering, GBC punching, spiral or coil binding, fastback, collating, scoring, perforating, drilling, stitching or stapling, laminating and wrapping.
• Process handwork assembly according to specifications.
• Package jobs, complete work orders, tickets, and delivery receipts as necessary and place in their assigned locations.
Equipment and Supplies
• Clean and maintain equipment and work area following maintenance procedures and update maintenance logs.
• Monitor and manage inventory of paper and bindery supplies; order and stock as instructed by supervisor.
• Inform supervisor of equipment problems.
• High school diploma/GED with experience or vocational/technical certification.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Good mathematical skills.
• Able to apply written instructions to machine set-up and maintenance.
• Reliable attendance, punctuality and attention to work station.
• Meet or exceed minimum test results as specified by hiring manager.
• Standing for prolonged periods of time – up to 8 hours or more per day.
• Frequent lifting of objects up to 50 lbs.
• Work area may have fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
• Noise level is usually moderate to loud.
• Exposure to ink and chemical fumes, and airborne particles such as paper dust and drying powder.
• Fast-paced environment subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity.
Additional Duties: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.